12. Lower Plenty, Calamari Girls, The Tote, 8/2/2015
I love seeing bands that seem new, and The Calamari Girls seem just that. The tell tale signs: those sideways glances at band members to double check if they've played the right note. The false starts, those moments in a song where they're all looking at each other to see who knows when the song ends. Yes I love it. Now they're a pop band, with acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass and not a full drumkit. Guess it's supposed to be quiet indie pop but it was loud in the front bar. I look forward to seeing them play together again. As for Lower Plenty - I forgot that they are just one hellova good band. Good songs, good performances, good arrangements. You just can't deny it!
13. Girl Fridas, The Tote 12/2/2015
Girl Fridas are the opposite of tight. For this 3 piece, sound a little like The Shaggs, but more melodic. Inspired by Riot Girl and other cool women performers, I liked their songs, I like their style and I bought their badge. Can't wait to see them again.
14. Lower Plenty, Galaxy Folk, 15/2/2015
15. The Estranged, Harry Howard and Edwina, Motel Love, Grace Darling, 15/2/2015
16. Midnight Wolf, Kave Inn, LuWow 20/2/2015
17. Hierophants, Indie Stage, White Night, 21/2/2015
18. Chook Race, Wet Blankets, Silver Moon, Pink Tiles, Tote, 28/2/2015